Friday, February 12, 2010

Boston Cream Pies on Design*Sponge


The first time I landed on Design*Sponge, I was hooked. For someone like me, who yearns for daily inspiration, this brilliant blog delivers over and over again. So when the talented ladies behind it agreed to feature me, and my Boston Cream Pie recipe, I couldn't wait to get started.

I love photography... its been part of me my whole life, and I have the shoe boxes of photos to prove it. My cousin Tony and I are both passionate amateurs, and between us, there isn't a moment left undocumented! And we have the shoe boxes to prove it. Later while at NYU film school, I began to explore it in a whole different and more technical way. Now, food photography is getting my juices going and I loved coming up with new and interesting ways to shoot the photos to be included in this post. I knew there was a reason I've been collecting those vintage pink yelloware bowls!

Everything about developing this recipe, creating the cakes, taking the photos, and of course, tasting the results, was pure pleasure. Thanks so much to Grace Bonney, the brains behind Design*Sponge, and Kristina Gill the editor of the "in the kitchen with" column for inspiring me to make something beautiful, and for making it even better!

Check out the Mini Boston Creams... and all the gorgeousness they have to offer here...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I love the idea of mini anything, but Boston Cream Pies are especailly nice.

February 12, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home